Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saulo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Access Denied - Folder $MfeDeepRem

We're facing an issue with this folder $MfeDeepRem . We are only trying to convert a Hyper-V VM from a place to another, We're using DISM tool from Windows to get the VHD image and put in the new VHD, at this moment there's an error, "access denied" to the folder $MfeDeepRem. Could someone help us with this issue??

Thanks!

5 Replies
vivs
Level 10
Message 2 of 6

Re: Access Denied - Folder $MfeDeepRem

Hello 

What is the $MfeDeepRem folder, for example, the folder located under root C:\?
This folder is used by the Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection Enhanced Remediation feature. The folder is created per drive. The folder size varies depending on the file size of the drive. This folder is protected by McAfee. It might need to be excluded by applications that try to access files or folders that are not their own, such as backup software. Attempts to access the folder are denied access.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86704

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Saulo
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Yep! It is under root C:\

yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

HI @Saulo 

Thanks for reaching out to McAfee Community. 

Can you let us know what is the version of ENS you are using?

There are some known issues with this $MfeDeepRem that can be possible cause and fixed with ENS 10.7.0 Nov update. 

In this case, we recommend to test with the latest version and let us know outcome. 

If still issues, I suggest you raise an SR with us and we can assist you further.

Was my Reply Helpful?

If yes, please give me a kudo.

If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution so that together we help other community members. 

Saulo
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Hello! It's the latest version 10.7.

Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hello @Saulo . Thank you for your post. Could you please help me with the build number of the version 10.7.0. I would also recommend to open up a SR with Technical Support regarding this. 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community