Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnc1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

AV Removal

I have some PC's that have McFee installed that came with a Sonicwall Firewall, I think it was endpoint security. 

I just purchased 

http://uk.mcafeestore.com/offers/special-70-perc/live-safe?cmpid=ppc-google-315-296-0959&utm_term=&a...

But it won't install due to the other product being installed. I need to remove the old product and I think I need to run vssetup.exe /uninstall but I don't have vssetup.exe. Where can I get it? 

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cookand
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: AV Removal

Open an SR with customer service, get to an ENS guy or gal and ask them for the Removal Tool. If manual remediation isn't working you can use this tool locally or through ePO to uninstall the deisred software. It isn't publically available so you would need to open an SR to get it. Takes about 5 mins, and you'll be all set!

-Andrew

johnc1
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: AV Removal

My customer called McAfee and said they don't support the old product under the T&C's of the new product she purchased. ! 

Who would we open a ticket with, which part of McAfee as there seems to be many ?

J

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center