cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP mfeatp.exe 10.6.1 Significantly high memory utilization causing crashes

Jump to solution

Advanced Threat Protection 10.6.1.1064

I have a few servers that ATP is suddenly utilizing a large amount of memory, which is leading to application and system crashes. For example, one server has 128gb of memory, and mfeatp.exe will take up all the memory available.

I had this same issue with ATP 10.5.4 and was told by McAfee support to upgrade. I am still having the issues. I see that this is a common issue with ATP, no matter what the version.

Is this still a known issue? I couldn't find anything on it when I did research on this version.

Event Log Evidence:

2004 SERVERNAME System.Byte[] 704059 -3 3 Warning Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: mfeatp.exe (5768) consumed 126416171008 bytes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: ATP mfeatp.exe 10.6.1 Significantly high memory utilization causing crashes

Jump to solution

We still have a number of known memory leak issues with ENS 10.6.1 - we were hoping to fix these with the January update which sadly was not released due to issues during testing. The expected changes will now be added to the Feburary update. So it might be worth waiting until this version has been released, to see if your issue has been fixed or not.

If however you wish for us to confirm that the leak you are seeing will be fixed with the Feb release or not then we would ask you to please gather data as per KB86691 (see Memory leak (user or kernel mode)) and submit this data to support for further review.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

We still have a number of known memory leak issues with ENS 10.6.1 - we were hoping to fix these with the January update which sadly was not released due to issues during testing. The expected changes will now be added to the Feburary update. So it might be worth waiting until this version has been released, to see if your issue has been fixed or not.

If however you wish for us to confirm that the leak you are seeing will be fixed with the Feb release or not then we would ask you to please gather data as per KB86691 (see Memory leak (user or kernel mode)) and submit this data to support for further review.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
Thank you. We will wait until after the next update comes out and will try it again then.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.