Did you mean: 
Benny
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

AMCore not updating

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a bunch of clients with Endpoint Security and Endpoint Threat Prevention installed that have suddenly stopped updating the AMCore component. This issue only applies to a select few clients within my environment, other clients are still updating fine.

I have checked the log files and found the following error but couldn't find anything within the forum that pointed me towards a fix:

McScript.log:

Could not deinitialize the process with id - AMCORE__2000:4932_1602868046:0001 as no such process exists

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software including using the removal tool. In doing so, the AMCore version is now stuck at 10/01/2011. I have tried both updating ENS via the client GUI and the ePO server with no luck.

Current versions are:

Endpoint Security 10.6.1.1724

Threat Prevention: 10.6.1.1777

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: AMCore not updating

Jump to solution

Hello @Benny  Thank you for your reply. It seems to be an issue with the agent as we can update when we install it manually. I would suspect it to be an issue with the root certificate. Please update the root certificates by following up the article below,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87096

And once the certificates are updated . Please do click on the update now Locally and Please let us know the status.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Benny 

Thanks for reaching out to McAfee Community.

Can you kindly confirm the AMCORE version you are trying to upgrade?

Also I believe you push from EPO.

Can you manually attempt once using the link below. 

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/security-updates.html

If this is not working, I suggest you gather MER and reach out to Support.

Was my reply helpful?

IF yes, please give me Kudo.

If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution so that we can help other community members.

Benny
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi yaz,

I tried to manually install the latest DAT package on the affected clients. This did update all of them to 29/8/21. There is an agent schedule which performs an update daily and unfortunately only 1 of the clients updated the next day to 30/8/21 - the other remain on 29/8/21.

I did attempt to update via the ePO push and via the "Updates Now" button in the GUI but this did not help.

One thing I did notice today is that all affected servers are running the same 2008 R2 operating system. It seems this issue is only affecting that OS in my environment.

Sivakumar1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @Benny  Thank you for your reply. It seems to be an issue with the agent as we can update when we install it manually. I would suspect it to be an issue with the root certificate. Please update the root certificates by following up the article below,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87096

And once the certificates are updated . Please do click on the update now Locally and Please let us know the status.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

Benny
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Sivakumar1 

You were correct, the servers in question did not have the root certificates. Once these were added to the registry, the update was successful running manually and via the daily schedule.

Many thanks!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community