cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sudip1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

AMCore/DAT is not showing updated in registry.

Hi,

For few systems AMCore/DAT is showing updated in ENS console as well as in ePO console but in regisrty it is showing outdated. May I know the reason why it is not showing updated in regisrty?

14 Replies
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 15

Re: AMCore/DAT is not showing updated in registry.

Hi @Sudip1,

Thank you for your post! Nice to see you active here! May I know which registry location you are referring to? I shall look into this for you.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Sudip1
Level 9
Message 3 of 15

Hi Adi..

Was waiting for your reply....😊

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\AVSolution\DS\DS"   --- This is the location to check. am I right?

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 15

Hi @Sudip1,

😄 That location sounds about right. Are you looking for the version number under dwContentMajorVersion ?

Although, We would not recommend referring to the registry key as this is only for the product itself to digest the update and have the keys updated, however, not for User reference Is the endpoint not updating fine? Any specific reason for looking into a registry reference for updated stratus of endpoint security?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Sudip1
Level 9
Message 5 of 15

Ya Adi . from dwContentMajorVersion i'm checking.

Actually the monitoring tool is fetching data from the registry on individual server to check the compliance status of AV on a daily basis. As the content version is showing outdated in registry it is triggering an alert .

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 15

Hi @Sudip1,

Ah, That makes perfect sense! May I know the data present on this location ?

For example, Today's Definitions as of now as per https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/security-updates.html?region=us is 3895.

Also, Can you kindly confirm what do you see from the below location as well?

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\Endpoint\AV\AVCM

Value of CMajor is to be looked into here. It would be helpful if you can help us with Screenshots as well!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Sudip1
Level 9
Message 7 of 15

From the location Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\Endpoint\AV\AVCM it is showing as updated 3895.

I checked the affected server around 7:15 IST on 18th Nov. The server system date is showing as 19th Nov . And in registry the szContentCreationDate is showing as 16th Nov.🙄🤔😥

McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 15

Hi @Sudip1 ,

Thank you for the update. Weird! What is the version number in here? The version 3895 bears 17 Nov as the Creation date and my machine date is 18 November. Content creation date of 16 Nov should have 3894 or 3893.

May I know what it shows? Can you run an update task or Update now and check if these values are updated in these locations?

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Sudip1
Level 9
Message 9 of 15

AVCM_SUNVN01.JPGDS_SUNVN01.JPGSUNVN01_Timezone.JPG

McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 15

@Sudip1,

Thank you for your screenshots. The machine does look genuinely out of date since the screenshot shows date as 19 November (considering the timezone, 17th November's definition should be present if the dat update was being run every day successfully).

This definitely looks weird. But, May I know why this date is being referred to? Is this the date that is being used  by the third party software to validate the endpoint's compliance?

Can you kindly try running  dat update locally from https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/security-updates.html  and check these locations again to confirm if the same issue happens?

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community