Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Removal tool for ENS and ATP

Jump to solution

Hello,

It's possible to make Removal tool to remove only different components of ENS not all --ENS.

etc. --accepteula --ATP (for remove only ENS ATP)

--accepteula --FW (for remove only ENS FW)

Because sometime I have an issue with ATP, in ePO client properties - under "Products" menu ATP not showing, but from machine side I can see error  in MA "view Security status" ATP issue...

To resolve this issue I need to run removal tool for --ENS and remove all ENS components and later redeploy all products.

It would be great to get possibility to remove only ATP.atp.PNG

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: Removal tool for ENS and ATP

Jump to solution

@denn That is not currently a feature within the tool. However, it is something we could look to provide feedback to Engineering on for potential inclusion in a future release.

However, have you attempted uninstalling ATP locally through normal methods so you can do it alone? EPR is intended for last resort use only when all other uninstall methods have failed. This is a contributor to why there is not a modular removal option currently.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee wjmarche23
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Morning Deen,

Bear in mind that not even the legacy ripper tool was capable of uninstalling individual modules, and I personally believe this should not be added as this feature will avoid escalations against our component because customers attempt to use the removal tool as a primary method to uninstall our products. However, feel free to post your product enhancement request on the following link

>> https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/business-ideas

Suggestion:

Within this registry for ATP module >> \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\ENDPATP_XXXX << exists a key named > Uninstall Command < it contains a command line that can be executed via CMD as Admin>

"C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Adaptive Threat Protection\RepairCache\SetupATP.exe" /x /removeespsynchronously

If the product is password protected, please add /PASSWORD=YOUR-password-IN-plain-Text

For example > 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Adaptive Threat Protection\RepairCache\SetupATP.exe" /x /removeespsynchronously /PASSWORD=NeedToOpenAticketWithSupport

Note:

- Command line can be added on a script and deploy it via a 3rd party application, however, needs to be tested in a controlled environment.

DISCLAIMER:

- The suggestion should not be used as a primary method of uninstalling individual modules. Therefore, you should open a ticket and let support investigate why the module(s) cannot be uninstalled via normal methods >> ePO or control panel.

9 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

@denn That is not currently a feature within the tool. However, it is something we could look to provide feedback to Engineering on for potential inclusion in a future release.

However, have you attempted uninstalling ATP locally through normal methods so you can do it alone? EPR is intended for last resort use only when all other uninstall methods have failed. This is a contributor to why there is not a modular removal option currently.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Please escalate this to engineering. I think this also will be good feature for other McAfee costumers.

Haven't tried to uninstall ATP locally. But for example if it fails on 100 machines I need to connect locally to all 100 endpoints and uninstall ATP. Not good practise

Now I am using Removal tool with ePO client task. But there is only possibility to remove all --ENS components.

McAfee Employee wjmarche23
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Morning Deen,

Bear in mind that not even the legacy ripper tool was capable of uninstalling individual modules, and I personally believe this should not be added as this feature will avoid escalations against our component because customers attempt to use the removal tool as a primary method to uninstall our products. However, feel free to post your product enhancement request on the following link

>> https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/business-ideas

Suggestion:

Within this registry for ATP module >> \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\ENDPATP_XXXX << exists a key named > Uninstall Command < it contains a command line that can be executed via CMD as Admin>

"C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Adaptive Threat Protection\RepairCache\SetupATP.exe" /x /removeespsynchronously

If the product is password protected, please add /PASSWORD=YOUR-password-IN-plain-Text

For example > 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Endpoint Security\Adaptive Threat Protection\RepairCache\SetupATP.exe" /x /removeespsynchronously /PASSWORD=NeedToOpenAticketWithSupport

Note:

- Command line can be added on a script and deploy it via a 3rd party application, however, needs to be tested in a controlled environment.

DISCLAIMER:

- The suggestion should not be used as a primary method of uninstalling individual modules. Therefore, you should open a ticket and let support investigate why the module(s) cannot be uninstalled via normal methods >> ePO or control panel.

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello,

I think latest MPR tool can achieve this. Download it here and test (you need valid grant number):

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

@ninov_n It is not able to target only ATP (or any individual module) for removal. All of ENS would have to be removed if the EPR tool is used.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @jess_arman ,

My bad, you are correct. Since ATP is optional module of ENS, I thought it had another checkbox for that product removal in EPR tool but yes, it is ENS module at the end so it is being removed automatically as a part of its installation.

It still can be submitted as an idea - if it is optional module, I do not see a reason for it not to be able to remove separately:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-Ideas/idb-p/business-ideas

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

@ninov_n No worries.

It is no longer going to be a seaparte/"optional" module with the next major release of ENS (10.7). It will be included in the mainline installer, just like all of the other modules.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

It would be a great option - thanks for sharing.

By the way, is it going to be released additionally as an official Standalone module/installation like the current ENS releases?

Currently we have only the ePO package available but I did not find any confirmation for it being supported for standalone installation along with ENS Platform and TP modules.

Nino
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

@ninov_n Yes, the standalone installer is what I was making reference to. It will be integrated by default and found under the same header on the downloads page as the rest of the ENS modules.

ATP is still currently supported for standalone installation. The difference is that its installer does not have a GUI interface. Instead, you just download the same installer package, extract it, and run SetupATP.exe as administrator. You can confirm that it is successfully installing by the presence of an installation log located at %temp%

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator