Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product "EPR_TOOL1000" installation failed, reason "Unknown error

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to uninstall McAfee antivirus on a domain controller. Windows

(I have access to the DC only in cli)

1 -I execute the following command directly on the workstation : C:\>McAfeeEndpointProductRemoval_22.2.0.31.exe --accepteula --ALL

2 - I create a deployment task that installs the removal with the command --accepteula --ALL or --accepteula --MA

3- I create a client task that I call later

all 3 solutions fail

La tâche X à exécuter immédiatement a été reçue.
07/04/22 08:06:24La tâche à exécuter immédiatement a démarré.
07/04/22 08:07:40La tâche X à exécuter immédiatement a échoué.
Détails : Product "EPR_TOOL1000" installation failed, reason "Unknown error"..

then Log in the Server :

2022-04-07 07:26:51       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Running "C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\\Evaluation\EPR_TOOL1000\Install\0000\execute_epr.bat" --accepteula --MA

2022-04-07 07:26:51       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Running "C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\\Evaluation\EPR_TOOL1000\Install\0000\execute_epr.bat" --accepteula --MA

2022-04-07 07:26:51       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Did not match searched path

2022-04-07 07:26:51       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Executing "C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\\Evaluation\EPR_TOOL1000\Install\0000\execute_epr.bat" --accepteula --MA

2022-04-07 07:26:51       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Using Aac exclusion path C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\\Evaluation\EPR_TOOL1000\Install\0000\execute_epr.bat

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Executing section: [RebootNeeded]

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Executing section: [CheckRebootNeededDuringInstall]

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Executing section: [SendFailEvent]

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   ScrptMgr          Une erreur s'est produite lors de l'installation de EPR_TOOL1000.

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   MueEep            Invoking events withEventId " 0" Severity " 4" Productid " EPR_TOOL1000" Locale " 0000" UpdateType " Install" UpdateError " -1" iUpdateState " 9" New Version " 22.2.0.31" Date Time " " Script Id" 4627" Custom Message " "

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   MueEep            Updating session state to  9

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   MueEep            Updating final session state to  9

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   ScrptExe            Executing section: [InstallProduct]

2022-04-07 07:26:54       I           #6840   ScrptMgr          Mise à jour terminée

Do you have an idea ? Is this a problem restarting the computer? (the DC can be restarted without problems and I restarted the PC manually but the problem is the same)

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Product "EPR_TOOL1000" installation failed, reason "Unknown error

Jump to solution

Hi @ThomasRTE ,

Removal tool is not supported on Windows Server CORE OS. For removing McAfee Agent in managed mode, could you please try using the below commands?

1. On the affected computer, type one of the following commands:

"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall
    Or:
    "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @ThomasRTE ,

Thank you for posting in community forum. When you say you have access to only CLI version, does that mean it is Windows core server?

Also, have you tried to run a normal removal of the product using a removal task from ePO?

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

Jump to solution

thanks for your reply

Yes it's a Windows core server

I want to use Removal Tool

otherwise deleting module by module does not allow deleting the agent. I want to completely remove the antivirus that should not have been installed

Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @ThomasRTE ,

Removal tool is not supported on Windows Server CORE OS. For removing McAfee Agent in managed mode, could you please try using the below commands?

1. On the affected computer, type one of the following commands:

"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall
    Or:
    "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Thank you !!!

c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\x86\frminst.exe /forceuninstall worked well ! 🙂

the antivirus uninstalled fine but the McAfee directories on the DC remained. Is it possible to delete Antivirus without its entirety as well as all folders/directories ?

For example : \ProgramData\McAfee\... \ProgramFiles\McAfee\...

Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @ThomasRTE 

I am glad that the suggestion worked. To remove the directories created by ENS, I guess you may use the rmdir /s command to remove the directory including all nested folders and subdirectories.

For Ex: C:\Users\admin\Documents>rmdir /s Test_folder

Kindly note: Directories that are removed with rmdir command cannot be recovered.

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community