cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPR Tool returning -1 exit code often

Is anyone seeing the EPR tool return exit code -1 often? This seems to have changed with the 19.5.0.17 version. Prior to that version, we basically never saw anything other than zero.

5 Replies
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: EPR Tool returning -1 exit code often

@kfordham281 In order for us to give you more information regarding why you may now be experiencing the -1 exit indicating a failure, we would need to review the EPR log generated on the endpoint so we can determine if the issue is a switch, the software, or something else on the endpoint configuration interfering with its ability to run successfully.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

SR 4-20015317441 has the appropriate logs attached.

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Hi @kfordham281 EPR error codes are listed in its Product Guide documentation; PD27734 Page 10.  Error code -1 means "failure".  Review the C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs\EPR.log file for details.

I'm familiar with the error codes. My question to the community was if this latest version, 19.5.0.17, seemed to be less reliable than previous versions. My team has rarely seen anything other than the zero exit code prior to this .17 version, where we are seeing -1 now very often. We have gone back to version 19.5.0.14 and are now seeing the zero exit code essentially every time again. My main concern is that when 19.5.0.14 expires we're going to be left with a version that is not returning the zero exit code properly and it's going to break some of our scripts.

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hello, Usually the new versions improve removal procedure and tasks but it happens sometimes to cause issues - in your case it would be good to contact McAfee directly to investigate it further in case your production scripting is relying on a particular output: https://support.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/supportportal/pages_home The other option would be just to wait next release in about three months. Also there is an option to keep older EPR tool and revert machine's local time so it can be executed.
In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community