cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mining
Level 9

v6 doesn't support XP hibernation?

Saw a mention of this in this post, http://community.mcafee.com/thread/21059;jsessionid=EF30405EB154B9DCD9CC8823BC8681CA.node0?tstart=0

I did a quick test here, set my XP machine to hibernate in 15 minutes and let it go to town. It went to sleep just fine (10 minute setting) and turned off at the appointed time.

I thought, "Here goes nothing..." and pressed the power switch. Machine boots up, I log into EEPC and...get a clean Windows start. No return from hibernation.

Is this a known issue? Huge down turn for us if it is for our v6 project.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: v6 doesn't support XP hibernation?

It is known to me. I have posted already about it.

There are two controls in EE 1.0.0 product policy (in "Log On" tab section):

- Disable suspend

- Disable hibernate

Unfortunately they do not show up (you can learn about them from Help page), so they are probably enforced.

0 Kudos
mining
Level 9

I have seen those settings in my policy and they were unchecked. I'm trying to log into my ePO right now and unfortunately it's having some sort of spasm or something and I can't get in to verify.

Not good.

0 Kudos
mining
Level 9

Oops, you were right, Peter. I don't see them in my policy document. I must have read about them in the Help screen.

Nuts! This about kills the whole project for us.

0 Kudos
JeffGerard
Level 10

The hibernation problem is a known issue and is *supposed* to be fixed in Patch 1.

0 Kudos
mining
Level 9

The XP issue I described is addressed in Patch 1? The McAfee Support tech I worked with yesterday said this was a new issue.

I also had a problem on Win 7 machines which is a file access error when resuming from hibernation that effectively blocks you from getting back into your computer. He said that one was addressed in Patch 1.

I took MER data from my laptop and he sent it on to Tier 3. We're out of the v6 game for now.

0 Kudos
JeffGerard
Level 10

I've talked to at least 3 different techs and a systems engineer and all indicate that the XP hibernate issue is supposed to be resolved with patch 1 along with the Lenovo/ATI problems.

0 Kudos
mining
Level 9

Thanks for checking, Jeff. That's good news!

0 Kudos