Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 33

Re: "Administrator Recovery is now required"

Jump to solution

HI,

We have the same issue using EE Agent 1.2.0.296 and EEPC 6.2.0.296.  Have you had any update from Tier 3?

Travler
Level 10
Message 22 of 33

Jump to solution

Hello ascoyne,

Thanks for responding to this thread.  I was forgetting to post an update!

While I had a bit of a "heads up" that it was coming, my support ticket was officially closed on Sept. 18 with the resolution "Resolved in 6.2.1". 

I am also currently at 1.2.0.296 / 6.2.0.296, so I can't personally confirm that this is resolved. 

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 23 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi Travler,

Thanks for the update.  Just checked the release notes and it has:

BZ776968—Machine is locked out after 45-60 days although policy is set to 90 days.

We will be upgrading to 6.2 Patch 1 in the new year - 2013.

Travler
Level 10
Message 24 of 33

Jump to solution

Machine is locked out after 45-60 days although policy is set to 90 days.

Wow.  That phrase is exactly what I typed into my original support ticket.  Where's my royalties???!?!?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 25 of 33

Jump to solution

Since Monday, November 4 2013, we have been recieving far above normal calls to our helpdesk regarding this same issue.  This system is locked because it has been too long since the  last policy update.   Coinsidently (or not) day light savings occured on Sunday, November 3 2013...there seems to be some issue here when OS system clocks are changed automatically.  Has this been identified by McAfee support as a potential bug?  We have platinum support and will be willing to open a case, however if there is already a solution in the wild I would like to know.

Typically we get calls in for folks who are 75%+ travel and do not connect to the LAN often or ever.  While we do think there are major issues with EE and policy enforcement via VPN occuring automatically, this affected pool of users were both remote and local leading us to believe there is something else going on. 

Endpoint Encryption for PC  6.2.1.315  

McAfee Agent  4.6.0.3122  

VirusScan Enterprise  8.8.0.975.Wrk 

Endpoint Encryption Agent  1.2.1.315 

Travler
Level 10
Message 26 of 33

Jump to solution

I spent the past couple days checking with our Helpdesk and with end users directly, but no one is reporting any issues. 

I recommend opening the support ticket.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 27 of 33

Jump to solution

Good morning, I was wondering if you were able to get this issue resolved? I know it's been 2 years, but I'm currently having the same problem.

Travler
Level 10
Message 28 of 33

Jump to solution

Hello skparkj,

We haven't experienced this problem again since upgrading to 6.2.1.  (We're currently at 7.1.3.)  So, I'm assuming they did indeed fix the bug and the "solution" is to upgrade.

In this thread, Mantis was the only one who reported this issue in a version higher than 6.2.1 (his reply stated 6.2.1.315) so hopefully he is still around and may be able to provide some insight if you're running 6.2.1 or greater.  If you're NOT running 6.2.1 or greater, I'd suggest upgrading to resolve the issue.

londonsec
Level 10
Message 29 of 33

Jump to solution

Well I'm on 7.1.3 and we've been experiencing the issue on a couple of systems regularly.  Seems the only way to "get around" it is to disable pre-boot authentication.  Doesn't matter how long the system stays attached (usually would be all day) and doesn't appear to matter what we set the timeout to be.  And since we've now been migrating users from the old ePO server onto the new one we have to be extra careful that we don't completely lock anyone out.

"The electric light did not come from the continuous improvements of candles." - Oren Harari
Travler
Level 10
Message 30 of 33

Jump to solution

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the information.  We've still not experienced this issue since upgrading to 7.1.3 so I'm not going to be of much assistance.  Have you opened a Support ticket?  If so, I'd be interested in what they have to say about it.

Feel free to use this thread for any updates you may have for this issue.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community