cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

how to block decryption(mcafee) process when you trying to send or share a encrypted file on internet?

Hello!

How to block decryption(mcafee) process when you trying to send or share a encrypted file on internet?

and block decryption process when you zipping (winrar) encrypted file? In my PC installed file and removable media protection 5.0.1.

it is really stupid sharing/sending sensetive file(encrypted) firstly decrypted this file and share!

I know exist special function "attach encrypted by email", but how to sent encrypted file for example with facebook(the reciever have FRP and encryption key)?

I hope in future this BAG will fixed.

Help, please!

6 Replies

Re: how to block decryption(mcafee) process when you trying to send or share a encrypted file on internet?

What McAfee/Intel software are you talking about please?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Re: how to block decryption(mcafee) process when you trying to send or share a encrypted file on internet?

McAfee file and removable media protection 5.0.1

problem: in my company have 2 department A and B. Both have McAfee products(agent, FRP, dlp endpoint,  virusscan..) and portal(web site) where each department share confident files, but when they are sharing file on portal they automatically decrypted(((

OK, I have moved this to Encryption: ePO Managed for faster attention.

---

Peter

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Lookup "blocked process" in your FRP guide - it explains how to disable automatic decryption on a process by process basis.

There's no "Bag" - it's working how it was instructed to work. Remember, FRP is designed to be transparent to the user - if they are logged in, and they have keys loaded, files are decrypted automatically by any application the user opens.

If you want to stop some applications from being able to decrypt the files, use the blocked process feature.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

In "blocked process" add outlook.exe. Then i try send encrypted file on PC with outlook, then outlook has issued error (it is impossible to find the file.
check its path and name
)

Снимок.PNG

asd.PNG

What process name add to "blocked process". maybe decryption process? if decryption process, what is decryption process name?

Thanks!

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Kc.mcafee.com can help with this question perhaps?

blocked process outlook

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community