cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aragorn2i
Level 7

how to access to a Hard drive encrypted with mcAfee endpoint encryption?

Hi all,

I have the following problem with the company's laptop.

In my company we all use the McAffe endpoint encryption, so before starting windows we are prompted to write our encryption password. Recently i had the bad news that windows xp could not start because one file was corrupt or missing (famous system 32). The issue is that i do not have a backup of some of new files which i was working with in last weeks. Due to the company policy, I only can reinstall windows, but I would loose all the information. I now have another laptop in which i've installed my image, but how can I do to recover the info of the old laptop?

Taking into account that I still have the same password and encryption into my new laptop, is it any option to open the old hard drve information into this new laptop or another computer?

It's extremely important for me as i have important information inside that hard drive

sorry if i did not explain it well.

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: how to access to a Hard drive encrypted with mcAfee endpoint encryption?

Hi there,

This thread hasd been moved to the EPO section, you would be assisted by our product experts here soon.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Don_Martin
Level 11

Re: how to access to a Hard drive encrypted with mcAfee endpoint encryption?

Hello,

as far as I can tell, you need a WinPE BootCD with EETech implemented. There are several good Tutorials for it but I recommend this one:

https://community.mcafee.com/community/business/data/epoenc/blog/2011/01/20/how-to-create-an-ee-tech...

Please be advised it is not reasonable to create this without informing your IT-Stuff, nor do you get alle the Files you need to for building the BootCD. A simple Emergency Boot seems unreasonable due to the system32-error.

Once completedt boot from CD and after authroization and authentification in EETech Menu you can browse the Filestructure with an implemented FileBrowser and you are able to use any USB-Device for backing up neccessary files.

0 Kudos