cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

how repair mbr encrypted disc

Jump to solution

Hello,

one colleague ask me for help and to try to get back its data as last chance.

if we boot on it, i saw error EE020001

The disk got slowly and has stop working, our support was not able to fixe. no backup data since one year done by the user.

it is a encryption disc  version 7.1.3 ,  i looked the McAffee procedures for boot with usb key and remove DE and when that is done, i can restore orginal mbr for getting back uncrypted disc, 

My question, if the encrypted mbr is corrupted, is it possible to repair ? before run remove DE and restore orginal MBR. 

Thanks for your information

KR

JP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: how repair mbr encrypted disc

Jump to solution

The error EE020002 was not th real one, it was not able to write on sdd, and it is impossible to run Force Uncrypt or Remote DE directly on it

I clone the disc SSD to hdd in raw mode sector by sector, the crypt partition was readable.  

After that, i was able to run  to  the

- restore Encrypted Mbr,

- Remote DE,

- Restore Orginal MBR,

After 4 days work and succesfully status,  i can get back data from new disc, and i will give back to the User.

i will give my feedback  to our helpdesk and to my manager, the epo was not able for restore anything and was completely inefficient. That why they have requested my support. 

Thanks 

2 Replies

Jump to solution

as alternative, i build a winpe amd-64 with procédure 7.1  

add  DETech à un CD / DVD Microsoft WinPE v5 64 bits (
BIOS and UEFI)

with Folder and Files for CD / DVD WinPE 64 bits page 44

i can start winpe, i can run EETECH,  but when i try to load recover  file, i get error message below

"McAffe Drive Encryption not present" EE040001

winpe look not load driver eetech? how know winpe et eetech know the version of Drive encryption 7.1.3.590

i check several time the driver folder of winpe, they are present under windows system32 drivers and i make regedit for check key value, they are now correct.

ps! i use also detech standalone Drive Encryption 7.1.3.590  i got message error EE020002 incompatible version, but that is the version we use, i can use action worskpace for decrypt sector, but remove de, restore mbr crypted returrn code EE020002, not funny seem bug tools detech recovery, because the user disk use Driver Encryption 7.1.3.590, and i use bootable usb with detech 7.1.3.590,  EE020002 say i use EEPC (Endpoint Encrytpion) tools and not the 7.1 drive encryption recover tools, look for me an  illogic error or bug.

is it possible to clone crypted disc on another one for repair ?

j

Jump to solution

The error EE020002 was not th real one, it was not able to write on sdd, and it is impossible to run Force Uncrypt or Remote DE directly on it

I clone the disc SSD to hdd in raw mode sector by sector, the crypt partition was readable.  

After that, i was able to run  to  the

- restore Encrypted Mbr,

- Remote DE,

- Restore Orginal MBR,

After 4 days work and succesfully status,  i can get back data from new disc, and i will give back to the User.

i will give my feedback  to our helpdesk and to my manager, the epo was not able for restore anything and was completely inefficient. That why they have requested my support. 

Thanks 

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community