Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

endpoint error E002001A

Good morning, we have a hard drive that has crashed with Endpoint v5.2.5 on it.  When trying to use the SafeTech boot CD with the machine, after the drive is Authorized and Authenticated, I cannot access the hard drive.  When trying to remove EEPC, we get an error 'Exception E002001A occurred while trying to decrypt'.  Under disk information is says 'Disk Information (error=e002000a), Crypt list - region count=0.  Can someone help me recover the data that was on this drive?  Thank you!

7 Replies

Re: endpoint error E002001A

Moved to Encryption: EEM Managed for better support.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8

I saw on some other forum, someone said to try and re-encrypt the drive.  Does anyone have any experience with doing that through the WinTech program and if it would work?  I just need to recover data.  Thanks!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8

here is the info and what I get when I try to mount and restore the MBRImage.pngImage1.pngImage2.png

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

Does anyone have any steps they can help with?  It appears the machine was shutdown in the middle of decrypting.  Now when trying to access the drive, you get the unable to find boot disk error.  Is there any way this drive can be unlocked to recover data?  I have access to the keys to authorize and authenticate the drive but the drive just shows as 0 bytes on the file explorer.  Thank you for your help.

I've moved this again, this time to Encryption: ePO Managed in the hope someone will answer your questions. - Moderator

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

Thank you!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8

After the drive is Authorized and Authenticated, when using the file explorer it shows as 0 bytes. Image3.png

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community