cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wisnupp
Level 7

eetech standalone 6.1 on laptop with sata drive?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Will eetech standalone 6.1 work on laptop with sata drive? can the drive be detected?

I have a laptop that gives internal initialization error message. I don't want to decrypt with eetech winpe, because it takes too long time. I read the only fix is to do emergency boot using eetech standalone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: eetech standalone 6.1 on laptop with sata drive?

Jump to solution

yes, for eBoot you need to use EETech standalone - but the important thing is to know the exact error message, and what the user did to get into that state.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

yes, it will work fine - what is the exact error message you're getting?

EETech on WinPE is MUCH faster than the stand alone version though - maybe 30x faster. It's the standalone version which is slow, not the WinPE version. You should only really be using the standalone version if you have to eBoot the machine, otherwise use the WinPE version for everything. 

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 5/6/13 9:26:39 AM EDT
0 Kudos
wisnupp
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

On the phone the user mentioned "internal initialization error". I suspect the PBFS is corrupted, and from McAfee KB I need to do eboot and let eepc rebuild. Besides, i don't think the user will understand having to wait for hours to decrypt. Am I right with the eboot process?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Jump to solution

yes, for eBoot you need to use EETech standalone - but the important thing is to know the exact error message, and what the user did to get into that state.

0 Kudos
wisnupp
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, will update in the morning to check on the error before ebooting. Just checking: eboot makes sure the laptop continue booting windows regardless any preboot error, correct?

0 Kudos
wisnupp
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi. wow. Eboot almost a great solution, except I can't get to read xml file from flashdisk or DVD, or even slipstreamed to the ISO. When I browse there's only:

drives

|

--- A

Any idea how to get the xml file?

I will open another discussion. thanks

Message was edited by: wisnupp on 5/6/13 10:57:18 PM CDT
0 Kudos