Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eepc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

eepc 7 wont get active!

A pc keeps on as "inactive" system state!

Im preparing the deployment of eepc 7 (epo 4.6) etc. - I have a working eepc 6.1.3 (under ePO 4.5) working well. I had double checked: the policies, created policy assignment rule, reinstalled the client EEAgent/EEPC (in order), I had also tried in splitting the deployment task in two parts one for EEAgent and another one for EEPC, users assigned/re-assigned  etc. all seems well afaik - but the PC is still "Inactive".

from the epe log I saw: "Encryption Provider {6477FB57-DCF1-418E-9948-9F32C57B0FA4} is in FAILURE state. Intialization aborted." Anybody knows what is it and if it is the cause?

any other checks you would suggest that I do to bring this machine "active".

MA is 4.6

EEPC 7.0.0

ePO 4.6

In other words (the latest versions of all parts). Im attachnig a copy of the epe log

Thanks!

3 Replies
Highlighted
jogvan
Level 9
Message 2 of 4

Re: eepc 7 wont get active!

Is there a hidden HP_Tools partition on the system?

Reliable Contributor jmcleish
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Do you have Opal disks?

Not familiar with v7 yet, but error looks like its related to that:

2013-03-09 14:16:06,879 ERROR   MfeEpeOpalEncryptionProviderPlugin   ..\..\..\Src\EpeGenInitHandler.cpp: EPE_gen_init_handler::handle: 279: [0xEE00000B] EPEOPAL_system_pbfs interface (on non-Opal systems this is expected and is NOT an error condition)

2013-03-09 14:16:06,879 ERROR   MfeEpeOpalEncryptionProviderPlugin   Initialization failed.

2013-03-09 14:16:06,880 ERROR   MfeEpeCoreEncryptionPlugin           Encryption Provider {6477FB57-DCF1-418E-9948-9F32C57B0FA4} is in FAILURE state. Intialization aborted.

2013-03-09 14:17:49,038 WARNING OpalProvider                         Disk configuration is unsupported for Opal. All disks must be Opal disks in order to activate with the Opal provider.

eepc
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Hi ,  no hidden partitions nor incompatible sw are on the pc side (actually its only an win7 os installed on). the pc side seems to be ok I think. so do the policies - i have "pc software provider" set (along with opal encryption provider) to which eepc should opt to (in case a non-opal disk is dedected - like in this case). something must went wrong with the epo i doubt - I plan to do a fresh installation from scratch fro evrything and redo the tests to see. Thanks for all.

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.