Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwilke
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ePO nothing showing up in System Tree

May be more of an ePO question rather than an MEE question but ill ask it here anyway to start with.

Just got my test server for MEE 6.x setup yesterday.  Not very familiar with ePO at all yet so just going by the guides.

• I installed ePO 4.5 Patch 1 and got the SQL database all setup and all that stuff.
  • I checked in all packages and installed all extensions for the McAfee Agent and MEE
  • Configured all my UBP and other things like that
  • I registered my AD server and tested connection and it tests out fine
  • I setup an automated server task to sync with AD and ran it manually

Once I run the sync nothing happens.  It takes less than a minute according to the logs and doesnt add anything into the System Tree at all.  I know I am missing something for sure i just dont know what.

Can anyone help me out here?

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO nothing showing up in System Tree

There are some docs connected to these forums which may help you - quickstart guides etc. I think you forgot to assign a policy and some users though?

Highlighted
mwilke
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

No I think i figured it out... i forgot to go to my system tree, click on my org.... go to group details, and setup a sync type.  So now that I am doing that i think my system tree will populate.

Then i can try to test and blow some stuff up

Hi wilke,

just to check if you are able to sync your system tree group with you active directory. i try in my ePO but it doesn't synchronize. server task log showing that the sync is failed.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community