cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO Policies: Endpoint Encryption

I am currently setting up a new endpoint encryption 7.0 enviroment on my ePO 4.6 server. this is taking over from safeboot 5.1 currently installed.

Now with the policies there are two functions which i currently make us of (in safeboot 5.1) which i cannot seem to setup on the new policis (7.0)

First is that when a user locks the laptop it is locking with their windows credentials not their Endpoint Encryption details.

Also when the stored value key is removed (with which they log in with) it does not lock the laptop as it does currently in safeboot.

I have looked everywhere and cannot find the functionality to do this! is this not possible in endpoint encrytpoin or am i looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

Re: ePO Policies: Endpoint Encryption

Moving to the eepc forums for better attention.

thx.

EEPC7 always uses the windows credentials in Windows - there's no option to use the EEPC creds in the screen saver etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stored value key" though - What's the actual name of the option in EEM?

Thanks for you response.

Sorry, by stored value key i mean a physical token for authentication i.e. RSA Stored value USB Smart Card. Currently once i have logged onto the machine it doesnt matter if this is inserted or not. Whereas in safeboot 5.1 when it was removed it would lock the machine. Not a massive problem but something we woud like to keep if possible.

Thanks

I get it - no, in EEPC7 we took out all the EEPC authentication from within Windows to simplify the product (on the request of customers), so if you need token removal to lock the machine, that's something that would have to come from your token provider (or Windows itself), since EEPC is no longer doing any in-windows logins.