cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the EpeOaGenXml.exe in McAfee CDA Evaluation Version

Hello,

I raised this question in another thread but thought it deserves its own as others might encounter this specific issue. I am attempting to do an offline activation of Windows Disk Encryption/EEPC using the latest evaluation version of CDA available from McAfee. I am using the following document from McAfee for instructions:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24867/en_US/...

The document makes reference to downloading and extracting the EpeOaGenXml.exe file. However, the evaluation version of CDA (which is provided in the form of a link to a zip file) from McAfee does not appear to contain the EpeOaGenXml.exe file. Does anyone know where I am supposed to obtain this file for my evaluation version?

Thank you.

7 Replies

Re: Where is the EpeOaGenXml.exe in McAfee CDA Evaluation Version

Hi,

Did you manage to find it?

I have installed the lastest evaluation version of CDA and now having issues finding EpeOaGenXml.exe for Offline Activation for Endpoint Encryption.

Where can I find it?

Thanks in Advance

Reliable Contributor haaris
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 8

I am also using evaluation version of CDA and not able to find xml file.Had anyone find???

I've just had this one and a clever man from Mcafee support told me where to find it.

Have a look in software manager, Evaluation, Drive encryption 7.2 (Or whatever version you're using.

One of the packages will be Drive Encryption Admin Tool Files, the xml generator should be in there

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi martinph

But i do not find DE admin tools in CDA evaluation version.plz help

I'm not looking in CDA evaluation version, Look in McAfee drive Encryption under your evaluation software, fairly low down the list of components is the admin tools. I think they are the same tool doing the same thing.

It gets confusing when McAafee change their products around without updating all theit documentation.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

But if MDE is not under my grant no will it show in software manager??

Check under Software Not Checked In -> Evaluation.

You don't need all of it, just the admin tools I mentioned earlier.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community