cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmmiles
Level 10

Users per client synch – limited to 50?

Question: There is a setting in ePO under: Configuration > Server Settings > Endpoint Encryption > "Batch size for retrieving users" (which can be 100 - 1000 users). Is this supposed to be the batch size for the server pulling from AD, or the batch size for clients pulling from ePO? If it is the latter, it doesn't seem to be taking effect on the clients. I have it set to 500 and still only get 50 users per synch. I've tried having a script force the client to perform repeated ASCIs to pull down more than 50 users (via CmdAgent.exe which seems a bit jerry-rigged). It would be nice if there was a way to increase the default user pull per synch. I'm still used to version 5.x where it would just pull down however many users were assigned / modified all at once, which was nice and effective.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

btw, I'm currently running ePO 4.6.6, McAfee Agent 4.8.0.641, Encryption Agent 7.0.1.354, Encryption for PC 7.0.1.354.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Users per client synch – limited to 50?

There's a finite size to the messages which can pass over the data channel, and if the channel times out then none of that message gets processed.

Eepc will keep requesting batches of users until it has them all, which depending on your network and epo server performance can take some time (as it does with v5).

You don't have to keep forcing it, it will handle this on its own. Maybe you have a network/data channel problem though - have you used eego to test things?

0 Kudos
rmmiles
Level 10

Ok, that makes sense.. I forgot to mention, this is really only a problem during the initial client installation (that's when I have the script perform multiple ASCI events). I frequently have installations where the pre-boot is enabled before all the users are pulled down and cached. It would be awesome if there was an EEPC machine policy setting that would delay enabling the pre-boot until all assigned users are pulled down and cached, since it can take a considerable amount of time depending on the ASCI setting.

0 Kudos
rmmiles
Level 10

Is there any way via the McAfee Communities to put in a request for an EEPC feature? I'd be great if there was an EEPC Policy / Product setting for "delay pre-boot activation until all assigned users are downloaded / cached."

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

0 Kudos
rmmiles
Level 10

Thanks, I've created an "Idea" for this issue if anyone would like to vote on it: http://community.mcafee.com/ideas/1645

Message was edited by: rmmiles on 6/4/13 3:28:04 PM CDT
0 Kudos