Did you mean: 
hanoe
Level 9

Upgrading EEPC 7.0.1 to DE 7.1.3

Jump to solution

Current situation:

ePO 4.6.6

EEPC 7.0.1.354

Planning upgrade: (following EEPC migration guide)

check in EEPC 7.0.3 extensions

upgrade to ePO 4.6.8

check in EEADMIN 7.0.4

Run ee user data upgrade task

after successful completion of task

check in DE 7.1.3 extensions

Migrate Clients to new epo 5.3.1

Has anyone done this before? What was the outcome? Any helpful tips, tricks and information will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Hanoe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Upgrading EEPC 7.0.1 to DE 7.1.3

Jump to solution

Your steps are the basic outline. The detailed steps can be found in KB81538. I created to assist with upgrading from 6.x to 7.1 but the same steps apply for 7.0.x to 7.1.x.

Two notes:

Be sure to backup ePO following KB66616 prior to upgrading both the extensions and ePO.

ePO 4.8.x goes end of support at the end of the year. It may be a good time to also plan an upgrade to ePO 5.1 or 5.2 after the upgrade MDE 7.1.x.

6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Moved to Encryption: ePO Managed for faster support.

---

Peter

McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Your steps are the basic outline. The detailed steps can be found in KB81538. I created to assist with upgrading from 6.x to 7.1 but the same steps apply for 7.0.x to 7.1.x.

Two notes:

Be sure to backup ePO following KB66616 prior to upgrading both the extensions and ePO.

ePO 4.8.x goes end of support at the end of the year. It may be a good time to also plan an upgrade to ePO 5.1 or 5.2 after the upgrade MDE 7.1.x.

hanoe
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response and KB81538 is helpful.  Do I have to upgrade clients tp DE 7.1.X before I upgrade epo to 5.1 or 5.2?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

There is no requirement that the clients be upgraded to MDE 7.1 immediately. I would upgrade the ePO server first as I always like to test upgrades of client software for a week or two on several systems prior to mass deployment.

hanoe
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you jhall2. We will most likely go from 4.6.6 to 5.1.1 and upgrade clients on later date.

I will try to remember and post the results here when I am done.

0 Kudos
hanoe
Level 9

Jump to solution

Upgraded from 4.6.6 directly to 5.1.1. It took 36 hours because of the database size.. but it is done!!

Now on to migrating clients to a new ePO server.

0 Kudos