I'm in the process of upgrading from EEPC 6.0.2 to 6.1.0.
All upgrades go perfectly fine, except for one thing: our custom theme isn't applied.
What happens is the following:
- computer runs EEPC 6.0.2 with our custom PBA theme;
- computer is moved to a group in ePO which has a 6.1.0 product deployment task. That task installs EEPC 6.1.0 Agent and Software. The group also has an updated policy, which uses our custom theme, based on the default McAfee 6.1.0 theme (this is said in the release notes: create a new theme based on the 6.1.0 McAfee theme). Also the group has a product update task, which updates all EEPC themes (this is not in the documentation anywhere).
- computer receives EEPC 6.1.0 Agent and I'm prompted to reboot: the PBA theme is now set to our custom 6.1.0 theme: perfect!
- computer receives EEPC 6.1.0 Software and automatically reboots: the PBA theme is still the custom 6.1.0 theme: still perfect!
- now, when I reboot the computer, the PBA theme has changed from our custom 6.1.0 theme to the default McAfee 6.1.0 theme: NOT perfect!
I see all themes we have in the c:\program files\mcafee\endpoint encryption agent\repository\themes\ directory.
Our custom theme was in the c:\program files\mcafee\endpoint encryption for PC\theme directory, but then, for some weird reason, this is changed back to the default McAfee theme after the third reboot.
I cannot get this fixed: the product update task runs and all themes are still on the client (I can verify by checking the zip files in the repository\themes directory).
In the logging it keeps on saying: 'No policy enforcement required, waiting until next ASCI.'
Any help would be appreciated. How can I get our theme to be applied?
Please note that new installations with version 6.1.0 work perfectly fine. Only upgrades show this issue.
We have created a separate 'Update EEPC Themes' task, which updates only EEPC themes.
When rolling out a new version, we create a new theme, based on the existing theme for that version.
After rolling out, after the first reboot, the screen changes to the default McAfee one.
After the next reboot, the theme is changed back to ours.
Hope this helps.