Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPE
Level 7

Upgrade 6.1.1->6.1.2: Prevent automatic/forced restart

Jump to solution

Hi,

Testing upgrade from 6.1.1->6.1.2 on my clients.

I have a different experiece of the upgrade process than defined in the documentation.

After recieving the upgrade from my ePO server, my client politely asks for a reboot (popup from EEPC).

After rebooted, i log on and expect to be able to work on my laptop, but after a few minutes my client force reboots without prior warning? Whats up with that?

This is not what the 'User experiece summary' explains the upgrade procedure to be like. Am i the only one experiecing this?

How do i prevent the second un-warned reboot?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dwebb
Level 12

Re: Upgrade 6.1.1->6.1.2: Prevent automatic/forced restart

Jump to solution

Please specify NORESTART in the command line of the EEAgent deployment task, as per the documentation. This will suppress the restart when the agent is installed, and leave a single restart after the EEPC package is installed.

There is an equivalent in the documentation if you are deploying outside of ePO.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
georgec
Level 13

Jump to solution

I've upgraded from 6.1.1. to 6.1.2 also, but didn't have this problem. What was new was the fact that's now asking for a restart two times, after EEAdmin and EEPC plug-in, while when you do a clean install it asks you only once.

0 Kudos
DPE
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

Seems that you are also experiencing the upgrade process differently than what's stated in the documentation. I will test on some more clients..

0 Kudos
dwebb
Level 12

Jump to solution

Please specify NORESTART in the command line of the EEAgent deployment task, as per the documentation. This will suppress the restart when the agent is installed, and leave a single restart after the EEPC package is installed.

There is an equivalent in the documentation if you are deploying outside of ePO.

0 Kudos
DPE
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi dwebb,

Thanks. Clearly i didn't see this. Is it NORESTART or NOREBOOT (as stated in the documentation)? And no preceeding - or / or anything?

I also see that the docu reccomends to deploy the software as two seperate tasks now. We have one single task that first deploys the agent, and then the software. This has worked fine for us. Can i still use the noreboot/norestart switch with this setup?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
dwebb
Level 12

Jump to solution

It is as it says in the docs (my memory is clearly failing!)

A single task is fine with the NOREBOOT.

0 Kudos