cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unresponsive On Screen Keyboard at bootup with EEPC 7 on Samsung Slate 7

Hi fellow admins,

Anybody seeing this issue?  We have a few users now installing Windows 8 Enterprise on their laptops so I downloaded and deployed EEPC 7 onto them.  One of the users had a Samsung Slate 7 and noticed that the on screen keyboard is completely dead on boot now.  EEPC 6.2.1 had fixed this issue with the pen calibration, but now it appears that 7 has the issue but worse.  Where as is 6.0, the pen calibration was just wildy off target, in version 7, the pen cursor now doesn't respond at all.  We're getting around it by just plugging in a USB keyboard and typing in the password now.

Message was edited by: johlee991 on 1/9/13 10:09:18 AM CST
3 Replies
dwebb
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unresponsive On Screen Keyboard at bootup with EEPC 7 on Samsung Slate 7

Can you tell whether this slate is running in Legacy BIOS or UEFI boot mode?

If UEFI boot mode, then it will be because Samsung have not included a UEFI driver for their pen interface.  If BIOS mode, then can you check that your policy has OSK *and* USB support enabled?

I'll check.  For testing, I deployed it onto another Slate 7 with Windows 7 Ent on it and the same issue happened!  OSK is unresponsive, but the OSK is there at bootup.  It had worked with 6.2.1 though.  Hmmm... Now the mystery deepens!  I am going to remove EEPC 7 and put 6.2.1 back on it and see what happens on this Slate 7 with Windows 7.

JayMan
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I've just started testing EEPC7 on our new Slate 7 devices and found the same trouble with the touchscreen.

Using the stylus, rather than your finger seems to be working fine at this end though. Also, we had to enable the settings to always show Onscreen keyboard & always enable USB in the pre-boot to have the onscreen keyboard display.

From reading another thread on EEPC 6.2, the problem with Touch not working comes down to the hardware vendor not supporting/supplying the 'touch' drivers within the UEFI environment; so doesn't seem like much McAfee can do about this... Fingers crossed our users don't lose/forget their stylus when on the road!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community