Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgxluk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Theme changes not applying

Hi Folks,

Uploaded a new theme to our ePO yesterday & hoped this would roll out to clients after setting it as the theme in the correct policy.

Not only did existing clients not update the theme but new clients build with the old theme too.

Any ideas what I've missed?

4 Replies
pierce
Level 13
Message 2 of 5

Re: Theme changes not applying

Do you have an update task for the theme file?

Having it in the policy won't do anything unless you also have the update task to match (just like the DAT task if that helps). I have mine set to run once a week.

sgxluk
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Hiya Pierce,

An update task for it you say? I've checked out the update tasks we have & tried to create a new one, but the only options I get are to update the DATs, Engines, Packages & SPs - I dont see anything listed about themes or EE at all actually. I've been working with ePO for years & never had to change the theme on EE before so it could be I'm just being really stupid!

pierce
Level 13
Message 4 of 5

theme.png

This is my update task, had to create a new task in the 'Client Task Catalog' for it as its not out of the box.

Edit: I only had to fix this the other day as well! going from 6 (black and red theme) to 7 (silver theme) not everyone updated so had to set this all up!

Message was edited by: pierce on 1/8/14 5:48:17 AM CST
odedb
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

I've seen places where not all theme requirements are properly documented. If a theme does not adhere to the requirements EE PC will use the default one.

Take a look at https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68757

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.