Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gifkoek
Level 9

Slow GINA response since installing EEPC6

Jump to solution

Hallo folks,

I've been experiencing a slow response from the Windows logon screen (ie the GINA), ever since installing EEPC6 on my machine. Some other users on my network also have this issue, although it's definitely the exception.

This will occur whenever I need to hit ctrl-alt-del to get the login prompt, ie after locking the screen or waking up from hibernation. The login screen will take a variable amount of time to present itself - ranging from instantaneously to 5-7 seconds. This isn't really a problem, just fairly annoying.

We're running EEPC 6.0.2.6, ePO agent 4.5.0.1270, DLP agent 9.1.0.522 and VSE 8.7i (8.7.0.570).

Any ideas?

regards

corne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DLarson
Level 12

Re: Slow GINA response since installing EEPC6

Jump to solution

I can confirm that this is fixed in 6.1. Upgrading will solve this problem.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
geek
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to update VSE 8.7i to 8.8

This can decrease boot up time

0 Kudos
gifkoek
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hallo geek,

the issue is not with the boot-up time, but rather the time taken from pressing ctrl-alt-del to bring up the login prompt after locking the screen.

But I'll try 8.8 anyway.

0 Kudos
rmnetops
Level 7

Jump to solution

Gifkoek, did upgrading to 8.8 solve your issue?

0 Kudos
gifkoek
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have since installed the encryption hotfix1 (this made no discernible difference), but for some reason VSE8.8 doesn't show as being installed, despite being pushed to my PC from ePO. I'll try a manual install later

0 Kudos
gifkoek
Level 9

Jump to solution

I can since report that it appears as if the delay has been "solved" with the EEPC hotfix1 - the delay is now consistently about 1-2seconds.

0 Kudos
DPE
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also experiecing this issue on our clients. My own PC, a Windows 7 32bit Dell Latitude E6410 has a 20 second latency from pressing ctrl+alt+del until i am able to enter my password.

Running EE Agent 1.0.2.2 and EEPC 6.0.2.6 with hotfix1 installed.

We are only using EEPC. No other McAfee products are installed on our PC's.

Could we get a McAfee official to comment this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
abtbear
Level 7

Jump to solution

We are having the same problem, but much worse on a small percentage of machines. Besides the normal lag time for the login, on some machine after hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del coming out of a lockscreen it will just go to the wallpaper and no Gina login UI will ever appear. Same product set running as the original poster.

0 Kudos
doogle
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am currently experiancing the same issue. I am running windows 7 64bit with Vscan 8.8. I have also installed the hotfix.

0 Kudos
crazler
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have exactly the same problem. The delay is on every Windows XP machine wich we has encrypted (about 80 DELL Laptops)... It stays for aout 5 Minutes in GINA, without encryption only a few seconds. Strange: on Win7 Machines the boot speed is OK. Updating the VSE to 8.8 didn't solve the issue to us.

@DPE: I think you can forgot an official statement from McAfee Side....

We have an open case by mcafee since 5 months for exactly that problem without an solution yet... We have also sent an System Image to the Support, to find out what exactly the problem is, without an solution. It is very very frustrating. 

0 Kudos