cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow GINA response since installing EEPC6

Jump to solution

One thing i can say: If you disable SSO, he doesn't stucks in the GINA. The boottime is then like without encryption... But this is no option for us.

Jump to solution

Regarding McAfee support, yeah we've had an issue open 3 months with our management continuing hammering McAfee sales/support/etc. and absolutely no responses or timelines. And our issue is worse, it doesn't just hang for x seconds, it will actually never pop-up the login Gina after a ctrl+alt+del from a lock screen. Windows 7 doesn't seem to have the issue, so most likely our issue will be 'solved' only by our migration to Win7.

Jump to solution

We are running EEPC 6.1.3 with hotfix 74x, and we have this issue on most of our EEPC machines.  We are using the 4.6.0.2292 ePO agent.

Please advise how to correct this issue.

Jump to solution

We have the same issue with certain Dell laptops when they are inside a port replicator.  I know of a Dell E6400 and a Dell E6420 both having this problem.

EEPC 6.1.3 with hotfix 74x and EEPC 4.6.1 build 1192.

Jump to solution

We have seen that reducing the number of users has been helping, but it would be nice to know what the actual root cause is so that we can correct that.

We know that the issue occurs on non-SSD drives with more than 800 users.  With an SSD drive we have put upt to 2,000 with no issues.

We are still working to see if we can find the breaking point.  SO far we have successfully tested up to 615 users.

Jump to solution

We have no where near that many users assigned.  Right now the laptops in question might have 30 users assigned.

I think our problem is related to what is plugged into the port replicator at the time.  I tested by removing a USB stick I had attached and now my system boot up is seemless. 

The user's work around is to take it out of the port replicator to boot.  Again indicating that it could have to do with USB handling. 

Jump to solution

We have no USB devices plugged in outside of keyboards and mice.

Jump to solution

Have someone try out the new Version (6.1)? Are there the same problems, or is it solved?

Highlighted
DPE
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 19 of 24

Jump to solution

I've updated to v.6.1 and GINA response on my test clients have returned to normal.

Jump to solution

This sounds promising!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community