cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shimla
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Simpler means to recover data from an FRP encrypted user USB disk when the password has been forgotten (Windows environment)

I have seen this 35 step document from Mcafee to recover the data from an FRP encrypted user USB disk when the password has been forgotten:

My boss considers this a rather cumbersome process, and would like to know if there is a much simpler method for the EPO administrator to just pull off the protection from the console to allow the user to access the data immediately?

I suspect if there was a quicker method, I would have found it already in Mcafee's knowledge base, but I said I would ask nonetheless.

Thanks

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Simpler means to recover data from an FRP encrypted user USB disk when the password has been forgotten (Windows environment)

Would this discussion be better suited being moved to *ePO* for more exposure and quicker assistance?

Thank you

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
shimla
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Simpler means to recover data from an FRP encrypted user USB disk when the password has been forgotten (Windows environment)

It does not give me the option action of moving the question. Does a moderator need to do that?

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I am a Moderator and would be more than glad to move it for you,if you wish.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

If it is all the same with you, I took the Liberty of moving your discussion to ePO Encrypted.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Probably best here?

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Done    I think you are correct.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator