cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcox8
Level 10

Setting up EEPC: Add local domain users

Hello all,

I have a question about  the option to "Add all prefious and current local domain users of the system" under "Add local domain users". From the help file it states:

"On selecting this option, any domain users who have previously and are currently logged on to the system, are able to authenticate through the Pre-Boot, even if the administrator has not explicitly assigned the user to the client system."

Now my question is this, if another user logs into a machine with this setting checked will that user, and any other user who does this in the future, be added to the PBA? If so, isn't this a huge security risk? Or am i just not understanding this correctly?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Setting up EEPC: Add local domain users

if they can login to your domain, why would it be a security risk allowing them to boot a PC?

0 Kudos
tcox8
Level 10

Yes I was misunderstanding this feature. Sorry!

I do have another question on it. When I reimage a computer, the original user is the only account being added to that machine by ePO after the install. Why is this? Shouldn't it look for the new local domain accounts and sync those as the EE users of that machine instead?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Because there are no other domain profiles cached on the machine?

0 Kudos
tcox8
Level 10

but I have not logged in/cached the original user on the reimaged machine... it is adding the original user without a login after the reimage.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

I expect the original user is still assigned to the machine entry in EPO?

0 Kudos
tcox8
Level 10

So.. everytime we reimage a machine we are going to have to go into ePO and remove the users???

0 Kudos
Timmah
Level 11

If you reimage the machine, it is probably a logical step to remove the machine from ePO. This will discard all the user assignments for that machine.

0 Kudos
tcox8
Level 10

Can this be automated? I can only imagine the massive headache it would be to remove machines manually everytime.

0 Kudos
Timmah
Level 11

How would the automation know that you're about to reimage the machine?

Losing user assignments is quite a big deal for EEPC, as you can probably imagine. Automating the deletion of machines could lead to more of a headache than waiting until you have the system in hand, and then manually deleting.

0 Kudos