tcox8
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: Searching available Encryption Providers

Hello!

Timmah wrote:

Is this a UEFI system?

I have one device that is UEFI (Lenovo T430U) and one device that is not (Dell Latitude E6420). They are doing the same thing.

Do you happen to have the remnants of an HP product on this system? Is there a hidden HP_Tools partition on the system?

There are no HP products on either of these machines.

Another update: The message they are displaying now (after almost 8 hours) is "Policy enforcement has started". However they are both listed as inactive still.

Message was edited by: tcox8 on 2/27/13 7:30:20 AM CST
tcox8
Level 10
Message 12 of 17

I decided to test the deployment of EE Agent and EEPC using ePO to see if manually installing the files was causing the problem. It successfully deployed but it also sticks at the "Searching available Encryption Providers" screen.

AHH! Someone help!

Message was edited by: tcox8 on 2/27/13 11:07:31 AM CST
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 17

How many partition does the system has? Is there any partition that may not have a drive letter and happends to be the first one on the disk (SYSTEM_DRV ?) If so, can you mark C as active and reboot? A screen from Disk Management might help.

tcox8
Level 10
Message 14 of 17

Sorry for the long delay.

There are two partitions. 1 is a hidden 100 MB parition that doesn't have a drive letter and the other is the OS parition with drive letter C. I tried marking C as active but that causes a "Bootmgr is missing" error on startup.

I attached a screenshot of the disk management screen.diskmanage.bmp

tcox8
Level 10
Message 15 of 17

Also, tested version EE for Mac version 7 and it does the same thing (stays inactive).

Another test I did was to install 6.2 on a laptop which works and then instal 7.0 on top of that. That seems to work fine. Why isn't 7.0 working as a fresh install though?

Timmah
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 17

The fact that it's doing the same thing on Mac raised an immediate alarm bell!

You haven't forgotten to check in the provider extensions in ePO, have you? I.e. the EEPC.zip and EEMAC.zip extensions?

Cheers,

Tim

tcox8
Level 10
Message 17 of 17

Yes. I removed them and put 6.2 back on because the 7.0 was not working and 6.2 is working.

Question: If I install the 7.0 again will I still be able to install 6.2 on machines? When I go to install the extensions it tells me it will overwrite the 6.2 extension and that would cause some issues.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community