Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 37

Re: Searching available Encryption Providers

Jump to solution

Doing some more testing over the weekend but I'm Facepalming, just had Reiner on and it looks like the parser was stacking events on one of our Agent Handlers, all affected machines were passing events through that one, all the other machines through the others.

So hopefully thats it for me.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 22 of 37

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

I am glad we could identify the issue!  Many thanks,

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 23 of 37

Jump to solution

I'm only running about 405 managed systems so we use the one Agent Handler. I have been escalated up to tier 3 support. The tier 2 McAfee rep told me someone was having the same issue and just submitted a case. I'm assuming he was talking about you tony.

Highlighted
Level 13
Message 24 of 37

Jump to solution

Its possible - thank god for Platinum support, im just glad mine was only that parser, problem with having lost is if the services are ok and the handler says its ok you dont bother checking that some events are not being processed. Especially as they were stop started only 2 weeks ago anyway. Time for some monitoring I think.

I hope your situation comes down to something fixable as the encryption times on 7.0.1 are great compared to 6.2.1.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 25 of 37

Jump to solution

FYI. After talking to McAfee Tier 3 support it looks like there is a fix coming with 7.0.2 that is supposed to be released on 8/28/2013 (but will confirm the date with me tomorrow) that will take care of this problem with the Opal providers.

I'll come back and update with my results after this gets updated.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 26 of 37

Jump to solution

The 7.0.2 update did not fix my issue. I am still stuck at "Searching for Available Encryption Providers".

This is very aggrevating!

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 27 of 37

Jump to solution

Hello tcox8,

the solution in 7.0 patch 2 is the same as the one in the hotfix Reiner offered earlier on. That and the earlier suggestion to update the IRRT drivers are known to work on several situations and address issues whereby the underlying disk drive misreports information.

Based on your feedback it seems that in your specific case EEPC 7.0 Patch 2 didn't help, so more research into that is needed. Did you by any chance looked around for HDD drivers updates or tried a clean OS + the OEM drivers on the HW that is reporting this issue ?

HTH,

Fausto

Level 10
Message 28 of 37

Jump to solution

I have updated the IRRT drivers to the same version provided in the link from earlier posts. This didn't resolve the issue either.

I have NOT tried doing a clean OS install (just using our images). I will try the clean OS install Monday morning and report back.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 29 of 37

Jump to solution

Ok, I did a fresh install of Windows 7, installed the drivers, and windows updates. I then tried to encrypt it and it worked!!!!!

So clearly there is something in our images (we have a separate image for Dell's and Lenovo's) that is causing version 7 not to work.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 30 of 37

Jump to solution

I have gone through our image and can't seem to find what's causing this. I've removed all of our software, matched the services that are running, and gone through drivers (they are all the same version as the clean install).

Any ideas?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community