Doing some more testing over the weekend but I'm Facepalming, just had Reiner on and it looks like the parser was stacking events on one of our Agent Handlers, all affected machines were passing events through that one, all the other machines through the others.
So hopefully thats it for me.
I'm only running about 405 managed systems so we use the one Agent Handler. I have been escalated up to tier 3 support. The tier 2 McAfee rep told me someone was having the same issue and just submitted a case. I'm assuming he was talking about you tony.
Its possible - thank god for Platinum support, im just glad mine was only that parser, problem with having lost is if the services are ok and the handler says its ok you dont bother checking that some events are not being processed. Especially as they were stop started only 2 weeks ago anyway. Time for some monitoring I think.
I hope your situation comes down to something fixable as the encryption times on 7.0.1 are great compared to 6.2.1.
FYI. After talking to McAfee Tier 3 support it looks like there is a fix coming with 7.0.2 that is supposed to be released on 8/28/2013 (but will confirm the date with me tomorrow) that will take care of this problem with the Opal providers.
I'll come back and update with my results after this gets updated.
the solution in 7.0 patch 2 is the same as the one in the hotfix Reiner offered earlier on. That and the earlier suggestion to update the IRRT drivers are known to work on several situations and address issues whereby the underlying disk drive misreports information.
Based on your feedback it seems that in your specific case EEPC 7.0 Patch 2 didn't help, so more research into that is needed. Did you by any chance looked around for HDD drivers updates or tried a clean OS + the OEM drivers on the HW that is reporting this issue ?
I have updated the IRRT drivers to the same version provided in the link from earlier posts. This didn't resolve the issue either.
I have NOT tried doing a clean OS install (just using our images). I will try the clean OS install Monday morning and report back.
Ok, I did a fresh install of Windows 7, installed the drivers, and windows updates. I then tried to encrypt it and it worked!!!!!
So clearly there is something in our images (we have a separate image for Dell's and Lenovo's) that is causing version 7 not to work.
I have gone through our image and can't seem to find what's causing this. I've removed all of our software, matched the services that are running, and gone through drivers (they are all the same version as the clean install).