cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fred_dibble
Level 7

Safeboot on Dell Latitude E5410

I have a Dell Latitude E5410 with Windows XP Pro SP3 Installed, when i boot up the progress bar appears but freezes about 20% of the way along and the laptop will not boot any further. if i restart the laptop a few times i can get to the boot screen. all of the native Dell Security software has been uninstalled - Any ideas?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Safeboot on Dell Latitude E5410

can you let us know exactly what product you are using, because there's never been an ePO managed version of "SafeBoot" - what version are you on?

0 Kudos
btschida
Level 9

Fred- what mode is the BIOS currently set to? I've heard some of these new E-Series come with RAID enabled which EEPC 6.0 does not currently support. If you try changing it to AHCI or SATA does that do the trick?

0 Kudos
fred_dibble
Level 7

its version 5.1.9

0 Kudos
lvezu
Level 7

Hello guys,

I'm facing the same problem. I'm using the SafeBoot 4.2 with Windows XP SP3 in a Dell Latitude E5410. When a boot the machine, it freezes in a screen with the message "Starting Safe Boot     Version 4.2     Please Wait". Does someone know something that I can do to solve this problem???

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

You can try changing the HDD mode to ATAPI, or SATA I guess? The problem is your machine is almost 10 years newer than the software you're trying to use on it.

0 Kudos
fred_dibble
Level 7

i did that but got a blue screen error, i am guessing i need to change the mode and the reinstall the OS..?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

you need to decrypt, add the right drivers to your OS (I don't know why Dell don't put them there to start with), then switch modes and try again.

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

i did that but got a blue screen error, i am guessing i need to change the mode and the reinstall the OS..?

Before you jump to that, this 20% progress and freezing is that OS boot progress, or disk encryption progress?

Ary error popping up?

Anyhow, I would boot PC from WinPE (BartPE) and check hard disk for defects (surface scan) first.

0 Kudos
bobman
Level 7

I'm tryting to install version 5.1.2

On winodws XP it installs OK , On windows 7 it freezes at the " Disabling Hardware – Resetting Mouse" stage

THe system is an E5410 also , I have tried changing the sata operation and have the drives installed

Does anyone knwo how to resolv ethis issue,The system works fine on XP but not Win dows 7

0 Kudos