cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plingmen
Level 7

Resetting Self Recovery Questions

Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to clear out the self recovery answers for a user and cannot find out how.  I've tried the "Clear Token", "Clear SSO Details" and "Force User to Change Password" and it didn't do it.  The answers were inadvertenly set by the person setting up the workstation and now I need them reset for handover to the user.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
21 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: Resetting Self Recovery Questions

Did you try to reset them via EEPC User based policy -> "Self-Recovery" tab

0 Kudos
plingmen
Level 7

I did review the options on that tab but don't see how I can reset the answers from there.

Unless I de-select "Enable Self-Recovery" and apply that policy to the workstation in question then re-select it...

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Yes, that is what I meant.

0 Kudos
plingmen
Level 7

No luck, that didn't work.

If I could find where to delete the user from EPO then run the AD Sync task I think that might work, but I can't find where to delete the imported AD users from EPO.

0 Kudos
kylernep
Level 7

From the Menu choose Encryption Users. Select the pc the user is setup on. Under Actions choose Endpoint Encryption - View User(s). Select the user account you want to delete. Under Actions choose Endpoint Encryption - Delete User(s).

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

But that deletes user assignment (to system), not user itself?

0 Kudos
kylernep
Level 7

It should delete the EEPC account on the system on the next EEAgent synch. Then you can re-add the user and provide new answers to the self-recovery questions.

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Do you imply that self-recovery questions stick to system/user combo rather than user itself?

So with two different PC's, if I assign the same user to both, I end up with two separate sets of self-recovery questions?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

The only way to reset the self-recovery data at the moment is to recreate the users token.

0 Kudos