cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taha
Level 9

Recover/Decrypt data after restore MBR

I mistakenly restore MBR on my encrypted disk and now when i tries to boot my system i get eror message that OS is not present.

And when I try to recover my data via EETech bootable cd i get message that no endpoint software is present. Is there any way to reverse this action (restore MBR) or any way I can get my data decrypted?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Recover/Decrypt data after restore MBR

It can't be "fixed" AFAIK - you can though decrypt the machine still with EETech.

0 Kudos
taha
Level 9

when I try to use EETech, after authorization and adding key file when I try to remove encryption it give me error message "endpoint encryption software is not present". If I try to use token method it gives me the same error.

Can you pls guide how to decrypt such machine?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

you need to do a manual decryption - best to contact your EEPC administrator and ask them for help as this is something you can really mess up if you get it wrong.

I thought EETech had an option to go search for the disk info? - that may find everything if it has not been overwritten.

0 Kudos
taha
Level 9

I am the one who is looking fof EEPC. yes there is tab in eetech interface regarding diskinfo.

Is there any document available for manual decryption of a comple disk (disk is not over written)?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Yes - in your documentation package when you downloaded EEPC, there was an EETech guide - you can also get it from kc.mcafee.com

If you did not go through the training when your company purchased EEPC though, you might want to contact your platinum support team and get them to handhold you through the process.

0 Kudos