Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Password change is required on every system for group user account

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I have set up EEPC and deployed it to some systems, I have also a group user which has a UBP assigned with policy assignment rule.

The rule defines password logon for PBA for this single user. All other users have to log on with token.

Now when I log on with this user on the systems, it requires me to set a new password for this group user on every machine.

Also when I log on with my personal domain account, which is successfully added to the systems with Add local domain user setting, it wants me to answer the security questions on each system.

I think this is not normal?

Hope someone can help me and explain

Thanks so far,

Jessica

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 2 of 6

Re: Password change is required on every system for group user account

Jump to solution

You will see this if you have done a batch install all at the same time on your test computers. What you need to do an install on one computer first, answer the security questions, and then sync to ePO. After this you can do the batch install for multiple computers. Your AD synced password should then be used to login to the group of computers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

You will see this if you have done a batch install all at the same time on your test computers. What you need to do an install on one computer first, answer the security questions, and then sync to ePO. After this you can do the batch install for multiple computers. Your AD synced password should then be used to login to the group of computers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

How long does it take to sync?

I'm sure PC1 was encrypted and the system was running overnight, and then the next day I encrypted PC2 which took also a full day.

On the third day, I rebooted PC2 after encryption was finished and it asked me to answer the questions for my own user, or set a new password for the admin user.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

After you encrypted PC1 did you run through the password/questions setup? If so then the next time you encrypt any computer it should sync your current AD password to it.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Yes, first I logged on with 12345, and then inserted my token and set a PIN. Then I answered the security questions. This was PC1.

When I logged on to PC2, it accepted my token and my PIN, and then it asked again to set the answers for the security questions.

But ok, maybe it was just totally delayed.

I just installed and encrypted a third PC, now it accepted my stuff and didn't ask for the questions

Thanks for your help

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

No problem!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community