cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nstreit
Level 7

Mcfee Endpoint Encryption

I have a problem. The Windows Vista installation on my laptop was corrputed and will not boot.  I have Mfee Endpoint Encyrption installed and it keep trying to boot from the hard drive. Is there a way that once I enter my pass code for the Endpoint Encryption that I can get the OS to boot from a DVD Drive? That way I can repair the WIndows installation.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Mcfee Endpoint Encryption

Hi there,

Your post is been moved to the right section , you would be assisted by our experts soon .

Thanks,

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

No, there's no way to do that - best thing to do is contact your internal Helpdesk and ask them to assist you. There's very little (ok, nothing) you can do yourself without their help.

0 Kudos
nstreit
Level 7

The IT Department will not support any recovery, so I when I get back up an running there will not be any McFee products on my laptop in the future.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Sad that you would hold us to blame for your IT teams decision - We provide them with all the tools necessary to recover your data, if for some reason they don't want to do that though....

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 3/9/11 5:48:19 PM EST
0 Kudos
mirrorless
Level 10

I understand your frustration i;ve been there too..

The problem i/ve seen is many It support did not understand and did not get the clear picture on the MEE concept and recovery part.

Which sometimes they do simple and silly mistake that lead to data loss.. and this also the reason why they don't want to support any recovery.

Check with your It department to get who incharge on this tools and ask their help to recover.

escalate to your superior if needed to get thing going..

the recovery is easy actually but need to be done carefully as any single mistake will lead to data loss.

0 Kudos
nstreit
Level 7

Is there any way I can get the code of the day from McAffee? I have downloaded the SW and have tried to see if it will load on my laptop and all I need is the code of the day to recover the data?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Again, whether you can get the code or not depends on YOUR IT team. Remember, it's their laptop, and they paid for the software - really we can't do anything without their permission.

0 Kudos