Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee ePO Login "Inactive Timer" 30 second pop-up

Upon successfully logging into EPO 4.6.3, within seconds an "Inactivity Warning"  pop-up appears stating that "You have been inactive for a while. You will be logged out in 30 seconds if you do not click Ok. "

Well, clicking OK, just brings up the same window over and over and obvisouly if you let it count down, I'm then logged out.

We have determined that it is profile specific as i can successfully log into EPO from an different PC.  Obviously something in my Windows 7 profile is prohibiting me from logging in and staying logged in. 

WHAT is preventing me from logging in, and where can i delete/modify/rename this file that is messing me up.   I DO NOT want to recreate my profile!

Thx for the help in advance.

Kevin

4 Replies
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee ePO Login "Inactive Timer" 30 second pop-up

I think this message will come up when ePO server is idle for 30 minutes. You can increase the timeout period as per KB#; KB51641.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

I don't think that will help - I've seen this problems as well and the popup just repeats every time you click "OK" and then eventually just gives you the logon/authentication dialogues and if you enter your credentials the process just repeats again and again....

Jim

Agreed that it is tied to a Windows profile user session, that triggers this, and restarting McAfee services make no difference. Has anyone identified the cause, or found a fix?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Even I have the same issue and repeating again and again. as per this post on Nov 9 2012; looks like issue not resolved/answered still.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community