cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Preboot Not Showing Last Logged In User

We have a machine running EEPC 7 that will not show the last logged in user at the McAfee preboot login. One of the help desk guys logged in awhile ago to help the user with something and now the helpdesk user's name is always prepopulated. So the user has to go to switch user and change the username to his everytime he logs in. While it's not a big deal it should not be working that way.

Is there a way to reset this, or clear it out?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Preboot Not Showing Last Logged In User

You're sure this is in the pre-boot login, and not the Windows login? "Switch User" sounds like the usual Window login screen.

If it's the Windows login, the problem is the SSO details - it means you don't have the reccomended option "Must Match User Name" enabled (it prevents SSO Details getting assigned to users when the preboot and windows user names differ.

You'll need to reset the SSO details - "Clear SSO Details" in your product guide.

Highlighted

Is this the preboot? Because if I ever log off WIndows I get taken to the regular Windows login. I figured this McAfee screen was the preboot.

20140109_113117.jpg

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

You're right - thats the pre-boot. No idea sorry. Very strange that after switching the user name does not "Stick".

So is there any way to reset or clear this? I feel like I have done it before so that it goes back to the default screen the first time your machine is encrypted.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

turn off "show last username" in the policy - that should clear it.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community