Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 16

McAfee Endpoint Encryption on Dell Latitude D630C series laptops

Attempting to encrypt Dell Latitude D630C Laptops with McAfee Endpoint Encryption. OS: WinXP SP3 Patched BIOS Version A10, reset to factory defaults. Agents are as follows: ePO Agent 4.5, Scan Engine 8.5, Anti-Spyware 8.5 and Encryption Module 6.0. Encryption agents and software load fine, encryption process completes fine. Upon reboot, machine passes BIOS screen and sits on blank screen. Brief wording in white DOS characters about McAfee flash by and screen goes blank and never loads OS. Attempted complete process on a machine with our master image, also attempted load on out of box hard drive for a different model laptop. Tested again with "bare" load of Win XP SP3. Still not loading past BIOS. Any help would be appreciated!

15 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 16

Re: McAfee Endpoint Encryption on Dell Latitude D630C series laptops

Hi Grapes,

I've moved this thread to the Encpoint Encryption v6 commuinty. Hopefully someone can help you soon!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 16

Did you deploy EEv6 to other computers (not D630C) successfuly using the same setup?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16

We did TEST on other Dell models including the Optiples GX620,755,760,260,270,280 and Latitude D620,630,610, e6400. The only issue was the D630C which has a built in encryption chip from Dell. That chip fought with the Encryption from McAfee for lack of a technical description, but if you read the post below. They came out with a fix.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 16

I was able to get our 2 D630c's up and running again use the BartPe EETech cd.  One one of the machines I had to do a remove EE along with fixing the MBR.  On another machine removing EE was all I needed.  For some reason the stand alone EE tech froze up on the first machine and didn't do the trick.  I'm over it.  I could try playing with the bios settings or getting the patch ahead of time but I've got bigger fish to fry.  We'll just wait for the patch. 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 16

Hi Justin,

Do you know where I can obtain the BartPe EEtech cd?  I just have the same symtom on the Dell D630c after pushing down the EE 6.  I need to return the laptop to the user asap.

JeffGerard
Level 10
Message 7 of 16

The EETech ISO is included in the EEPCv6 download.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 16

Last time I have checked, it was NOT in "McAfeeEEPC6.zip".

What's the name for that ISO?

JeffGerard
Level 10
Message 9 of 16

Sorry...it's not an ISO...it's the files to include in building your own bartpe cd.  There should also be a separate zip with docs for eetech included with your grant downloads.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 16

There is no real BART PE ISO anywhere that McAfee gives you. you have to build it. Download Bart PE and have a fresh copy of Win XP handy because you will need the i386 files. Don't build the image on an OEM operating system machine, Bart will fail. you can add the EETech files durring the build. You will need the Code of the Day fom McAfee's portal once you have the Bart CD running to decrypt the drive.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community