cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 beta program

I would like to participate  the McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 beta program. What is the procedure to enjoy this beta program ?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC 6.1 beta program

Let your McAfee Account manager know your willingness. He will send you nice PDF with details where to send requests for Beta participation.

0 Kudos
babatola
Level 7

Peter, should in case i do not have an account manager, what can i do to join the beta program, especailly for Mcafee endpoint encryption.

I have been following Mcafee for a while now, but i do not have information for account manager and all, i am an engineer, thats'all how can you help

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Does your company buy McAfee products?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

Sorry, the beta ended a week or so ago.

On another note, you have to be a customer with a valid support contract to participate in the beta programs.

0 Kudos
babatola
Level 7

Point noted.

Way forward: (1) Do you have any idea of the release date for the 6.1

(2) I am really itching for this release, do you have any insight into the kind of NEW features we should be expecting and it's stability across most if not all hardware platform.

(3) Is it gonna knock out PGP DESKTOP..................*winks*

0 Kudos
Dvanmeter
Level 9

I was just told that the beta for this was scrapped due to scalability issues.  So I wonder what theat means for 6.1, back to the drawing board?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

There was a Beta of 6.1 - went on for months, but also finished a while ago. 6.1 is in the closing phases of internal testing now, and 6.0 Patch 2 was RTS last Friday.

You just missed the 6.1 Beta, that's all.

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

I was just told that the beta for this was scrapped due to scalability issues.  So I wonder what theat means for 6.1, back to the drawing board?

I don't think that was the case, ePO is SQL based, there should be no "scalability" issues. Beta's tend to live short lives and there is a lull period before RTS and RTW occurs. That period might be longer if they discovered lots of items to work on.

0 Kudos
DLarson
Level 12

Just wanted to provide an update on this topic. A new 6.1 beta has  started this week. It is a private beta, so please message me or work  with your account team to get access to the beta code. The plan is for  the 6.1 beta to go from Jan 17th to Feb 18th 2011.

0 Kudos