cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working

I have encrypted my external hard disk with McAfee Endpoint encryption with an corporate notebook with installed McAfee on Windows 7.

I don't have that notebook anymore and can't access my hard disk using other computer (tried it with xp, win7, win8 ...).

What happens is like this:

- connect external harddisk using USB port and see "MfeEERM and autorun" files.

- By running MfeEERM, see a dialog to enter encryption password.

- after entering password, am able to see directory structure but  after clicking on a directory see following error message:

"McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working"

can anybody help?

thanks in advance

regards

kamran

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working

i also got this when using encrypted external harddisk with other computers but it's working as well if using with machines that has virusscan installed.

Highlighted

Re: McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working

Thanks for you reply, i also had McAfee trial on new machine, but it still didn't work! maybe should i found a machine with the same licensed installation of McAfee to see if it works well!! there is just some directories of files and photos which i see but get that error when i try to browse. With Zip files on root of drive is different, i can copy them on my notebook drive, but still need repare to be able to open them ...

Highlighted

I am also getting the same error message on my Seagate 2TB external HDD. The strange thing is that previously I could access my files and folders thru MfeeEERM on the same machine that I am now getting the error in.

Have you find any workaround? Is it working on a machine with the same licensed installation of MafeeEERM? Is this a VirusScan issue?

Please respond if you managed to get it working.

Highlighted

I am also getting the same error message on my Seagate 2TB external HDD. The strange thing is that previously I could access my files and folders thru MfeeEERM on the same machine that I am now getting the error in.

Have you find any workaround? Is it working on a machine with the same licensed installation of MafeeEERM? Is this a VirusScan issue?

Please respond if you managed to get it working.

Highlighted

did you find any solution for this. I am also getting the same error and have really important files in the drive. Plz help 😞

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community