cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working

I have encrypted my external hard disk with McAfee Endpoint encryption with an corporate notebook with installed McAfee on Windows 7.

I don't have that notebook anymore and can't access my hard disk using other computer (tried it with xp, win7, win8 ...).

What happens is like this:

- connect external harddisk using USB port and see "MfeEERM and autorun" files.

- By running MfeEERM, see a dialog to enter encryption password.

- after entering password, am able to see directory structure but  after clicking on a directory see following error message:

"McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working"

can anybody help?

thanks in advance

regards

kamran

5 Replies
yaiba
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working

i also got this when using encrypted external harddisk with other computers but it's working as well if using with machines that has virusscan installed.

Re: McAfee Endpoint Encription for removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working

Thanks for you reply, i also had McAfee trial on new machine, but it still didn't work! maybe should i found a machine with the same licensed installation of McAfee to see if it works well!! there is just some directories of files and photos which i see but get that error when i try to browse. With Zip files on root of drive is different, i can copy them on my notebook drive, but still need repare to be able to open them ...

I am also getting the same error message on my Seagate 2TB external HDD. The strange thing is that previously I could access my files and folders thru MfeeEERM on the same machine that I am now getting the error in.

Have you find any workaround? Is it working on a machine with the same licensed installation of MafeeEERM? Is this a VirusScan issue?

Please respond if you managed to get it working.

I am also getting the same error message on my Seagate 2TB external HDD. The strange thing is that previously I could access my files and folders thru MfeeEERM on the same machine that I am now getting the error in.

Have you find any workaround? Is it working on a machine with the same licensed installation of MafeeEERM? Is this a VirusScan issue?

Please respond if you managed to get it working.

did you find any solution for this. I am also getting the same error and have really important files in the drive. Plz help 😞

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community