cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Drive Encryption 7.1.1 and Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2

Good morning, I am testing DE with Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2.  I can push out the DE agent and DE Windows encryption from ePO to the tablet without problems.  When the tablet starts encrypting or is encrypted and I reboot.  At the pre-boot screen, on-screen keyboard is not displayed, the stylist does not work, touch doesn't work either.  I have on-screen keyboard enabled in policies.  I have used the test from McAfee on the USB and it passes (can't remember the KB#).  I checked Secure Boot in the BIOS and it's disabled.  OS is Windows 8.  I've called Lenovo and they tell me to call Microsoft.  Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

4 Replies
odedb
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Drive Encryption 7.1.1 and Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2

Hi Mike,

You're not alone... We had the same issues with this platform and were not able to authenticate in  pre-boot in any way.

We've ended up deploying this platform with a different encryption solution than our standard MDE.

BTW, we've escalated this issue to Lenovo only recently (after seeing similar issues with the Lenovo ThinkPad 10 Tablet).

I'll let you know if we get any different response from Lenovo on this.

Good luck !

Hi obarel,

we have the same issues with Lenovo Think Pad Tablet 2 and MDE. Is a solution known for this topic?

Thanks

Carsten

McAfee Employee jhall2
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Is the tablet running in UEFI Native or Legacy (BIOS) mode? If Legacy (BIOS), the touch screen will likely not function as there are not appropriate drivers available (KB76514).

Please run the UEFI testing tool (KB78050) on this tablet to determine if the protocols are available in the UEFI.

More information about tablets can be found in the Drive Encryption 7.1 FAQ (KB79784).

Hi Mike,

Our problem is on the Lenovo Helix running windows 7 under legacy mode.  OSK is enabled in the policies.  I have found out by accident that if you have the stylus out of the device before power on, then the OSK will pop up and you can type with the Stylus.

I am going to open a case with Lenovo as the touch function with stylus and finger as input work perfectly.

I have built a windows 7 machine in UEFI mode but the McAfee PBA screen went all distorted.

Cheers

Ray

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator