cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee DE 7.2-Windows10 1607/1703-Hanging at logon

Hi All,

We are starting testing with some images for Windows 10 in preperation for our hardware refresh and move to Windows 10 - I have been testing with both 1607 and more recently the 1703 build.

Image is deployed ok and all application are fine we then manually push the agent etc from the EPO server once the build has been completed. After drive enryption has been pushed and the drive starts to encrypt we then do the User set up on the device we then reboot to test the User can get past the PBA screen. The user can but then when it gets to the Windows 10 logon in then inputs the logon details and begins to logon.

This is where the screen sort of hangs and with the Username and Welcome and the prinning dots on some this has lasted hours and have even left it overnight and still the same, sometimes if i power down and leave a day it just randomly logs you in and continues to work. This follows accross both build 1607 and 1703 of windows 10

Specs are

Core i3/i5 with 4GB Ram and 500Gb Standard hard disk

Windows 10 1607/1703

McAfee Endpoint 10.5

Drive encryption 7.2

Agent version 5.0.4 and 5.0.5 (5.0.5 works only on 1703)

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

James

1 Reply

Re: McAfee DE 7.2-Windows10 1607/1703-Hanging at logon

Just Google "windows 10 first login slow" and you will have the answer. It's a Windows issue not MDE.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community