cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpyett
Level 7

McAfee Agent issue Dell Latitude 10 ST2

Afternoon all,

I am experiencing a few issues getting McAfee EndPoint Encryption to work on a new Latitude ST2 device (running Windows 8).

I have installed the latest agent (v4.8.0.887) along with the latest endpoint encryption agent (v7.0.2.396) and endpoint encryption for PC (v7.0.2.396).

I can communicate to the device from ePo no problem and the Colelct and Send Props etc all work fine.  However, within ePo, it shows the system status as unknown.

Looking at the EndPoint Encryption Status on the device, it shows "An error has occurred" with "No Volume Information".

I've checked the MfeEpe.log file and this shows 2 errors:

Failed to reapply automatic booting policy on starting system: [0x040008] Driver error AND

Error starting: [0x000007] Invalid UEFI architecture

I've update the BIOS and chipset driver on the device but cannot get it to report it's status abck to ePo.

Any ideas?

Dave.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee Agent issue Dell Latitude 10 ST2

Moved to the ePO sub-forum for better support.

0 Kudos
jmcleish
Level 13

Moved to Data Protection -Encryption: ePO Managed for better support

0 Kudos
dpyett
Level 7

Just to add to this, in my MFeEpe.log file, I also have the following entry:

Disk configuration is unsupprted for Opal.  Al disks must be Opal disks in order to activate with the Opal provider.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

First question is what version of uEFI is this machine running? EEPC requires 2.3.1 or later (http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76591&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1...)

0 Kudos
dpyett
Level 7

To be fair, I'm not sure how I can check the version?  I've had a look when in the BIOS etc but can't find anything there.  I'm using a Latitude 10 ST2E with the latest (A04) BIOS update.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

this tool may help, but it's a question for Dell - usually there's some key combination or tool to enter the uEFI config.

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78050&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1...

0 Kudos