cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sat1522
Level 7

MS Visual C++ Error after EE installed

Have anyone have any thought on why am I getting this error on some of the HP Elitebook?  When I checked the EE Status\modules there is no modules listed.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: MS Visual C++ Error after EE installed

Use depency checker to find out what is expected and missing.

0 Kudos
sat1522
Level 7

Hi Peter, what is the dependency checker?  Are you talking about the application EEPC 6 dependency?  I now have 4 laptops doing the same thing. I verified the bios firmware and settings everything is set the same as the working one.  Has anyone has this issue with the HP laptop?

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

It is actually dependency walker, common tool to diagnose application module dependency problems:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

what's the exact error? Can you attach a screen shot?

0 Kudos
sat1522
Level 7

Please see the attached of the error screen.

0 Kudos
bhautik
Level 10

Hi,

Refer the KB article :      KB67529 & enable log to check further.

0 Kudos
iguarino
Level 9

Any updates?  I got this same error message today when pushing to an Optiplex 780.  I tried to remove the EE Agent and start over again, but it refused to be uninstalled.  It said it was in an active state even though I changed the policy to deactivate.

0 Kudos
sat1522
Level 7

nope, I have a call to McAfee and it has been escaled to Tier III that was a month ago.  I have not heard anything back from them at all.  This is not a very good at all adding to the damage of the DAT 5858 released by them.

0 Kudos
rbeyer
Level 7

Was there any reolution to this? I am in the final stages of testing and have two systems that popped the same error messages.

0 Kudos