cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddiesmith
Level 7

Loops on "Policy enforcement has completed", claims to be encrypting, no progress bar activity.

We encrypt all of our laptops using Endpoint Encryption v6, but occasionally come across one that doesn't seem to want to encrypt.

Everything looks ok on the face of it.  The Endpoint Encyption System Status claims C: drive is encryptng, and every so often the "Policy enforcement has completed" updates with a more recent time.  However, there is no activity on the progress bar.  Numerous restarts fail to kick it into life, it just seems to be looping on the policy enforcement.

The machine is on our domain and a clean install of Windows 7 Pro.

I have attached the log file to this post.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Timmah
Level 11

Re: Loops on "Policy enforcement has completed", claims to be encrypting, no progress bar activity.

Hi there,

What version of EEPC are you using?

Also, the log is mostly just communications messages with the Tray window, and not really of much use to establish the cause. If you've still got the machine, any chance of capturing a log over a few policy enforcements with the Tray window closed?

Cheers,

Tim

0 Kudos
eddiesmith
Level 7

Re: Loops on "Policy enforcement has completed", claims to be encrypting, no progress bar activity.

Hi,

It's version 6.1.3.7409862

I've closed the tray window and will wait until the log file updates again.

Thanks,

Ed.

0 Kudos
eddiesmith
Level 7

Ok here is the updated log file.

If you scroll to the bottom, there appears to be some potentially helpful information.

0 Kudos
eddiesmith
Level 7

And another updated log file.

0 Kudos
eddiesmith
Level 7

Ok, an update.

Our official support channel has advised they think the EE Agent is corrupted, as they can't uninstall EEPC from the ePo server. They have sent me a manual procedure for uninstalling EEPC via the registry, so I'll give that a shot before starting from scratch.

0 Kudos