1. Is a local windows profile required for a user to authenticate via PBA?
I was under the impression that this is NOT required, as long as the user or group have been added to the system via ePO EEPC User management... I test this and then receive a incorrect token password error, this means that PBA does have the user assigned but complains about password. Can someone please clarify.
2. Sure it's possible but is it supported in porting the EETech ISO to USB for DR when a system does not have an optical drive?
1. It's not used by the PBA (the disk is encrypted after all) - perhaps you are typing the user name in the incorrect format?
2. It's not "supported" no - you won't be able to get help on this from the McAfee support teams, as it's not something we do, or write any KC articles on. It may well work fine though.
1. Thanks for clarifying. However I am having problems with this. A re-imaged laptop with EEPC 6.1.1 installed and activated and PBA enabled works fine with the domain user with a local windows account on the laptop. When I add an additional AD user to the system via ePO and manually force ASCII updates and then reboot the laptop it complains "unknown user" when trying to authenticate with the newly assigned user.
2. Understandable thanks - I will test this anyway. Might be good enhancement in next release as many of the new laptop models do not have optical drives.