cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SafeBoot
Level 21

Launched on schedule - now, who doubted us?

Yay! We launched EEPC6 today!

No, it's not on our download site because we are still waiting for the final sign off for export compliance, but as long as you are not in an at-risk country, you can get EEPC6 from your McAfee people now (assuming you're entitled, and that the local team is ready to support it).

Congratulations to Anthony and his team on this fantastic acomplisment!

Simon.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Re: Launched on schedule - now, who doubted us?

Can you please post an update when v6 becomes available. Thanks.

0 Kudos
jkussow
Level 9

Ditto on Peter's update request.  I contacted "my McAfee people" as you suggested Simon and they're all "V6 what?"  And now I'm watching copies of emails bouncing around McAfee essentially saying, "I don't know anything about this, do you?"  So I'm excited about it like you, but I think the celebration is a wee bit premature. Really looking forward to it though.

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

send me a pm re who these "people" are, and I'll find out how they missed 6 months of internal PR, the training program and the internal roadshow....

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

But you still does not explain why v6 is not yet available for download.

There is no update to http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66700  and date posted for GA availability is November 16, 2009. That is a clear misinformation.

If product was delayed, why not to update that page?

0 Kudos
jkussow
Level 9

I have to work with these folks so I'd prefer not to go there.  I often forget that the non-verbal part of communication doesn't come across well here; they are all aware of the release, but no one seems to know what the status is right now.  Your earlier post stated that we should go to them for additional info while waiting for the release to be posted, so I did, and it hasn'tt worked out so well.

To be clear, I have no doubt every effort was made to educate across the board.  And my experience with McAfee managers across all products lines has been that you're all very open, honest and forthcoming.  I'm saying this because I don't want to contribute to an environment where you all clam up because folks jump on you for saying anything at all.  I routinely experience the opposite of open communication with other vendors and it's most unpleasant.

Hoping you'll see things from my side:  the delivery of vaporware industry-wide is so routine that I'm now an ubercynic.  My I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it attitude is well-earned.  You have us all hot and bothered...  Please, Simon, assure us you're not just teasing!    oh jeez, am I allowed to say stuff like that here?

0 Kudos
gharvey
Level 7

It was launched on November 16 as planned.  I've been running it on my demo laptop ever since.

EEPC system status.png

eepc modules.png

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

And where did you get it from? McAfee of course, but not the place we would normally expect.

Oh, yes.   that explains it. Internally available.

But I thought GA stands for something else.

Message was edited by: peter_eepc on 11/22/09 9:27 PM
0 Kudos
gharvey
Level 7

It's still not on the download site due to US export compliance that Simon mentioned.  Contact McAfee support or your McAfee Account Manager and they can provide it too you as long as you're in one of the export approved countries.

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Yes, I will do that. Thank you for assuring me that v6 is available through direct contact.

0 Kudos