cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard not working in BartPE/EETech

Jump to solution

Anybody else having the issue in creating a BartPE V1 recovery CD with encryption?  After following the instructions in the EETech user guide, it appears to have compiled correctly and on testing the CD, however, the keyboard does not respond.  It's as if the drivers are missing or something to that effect.  The mouse works but the keyboard is dead.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Keyboard not working in BartPE/EETech

Jump to solution

Mr. SafeBoot:

I believe johlee991 was saying that they built the disc using a Windows 7 laptop, but they weren't specificying the source OS for the BartPE build. 

I have built BartPE discs many times using a Windows 7 computer, but the source OS was always WinXP Pro w/SP3.

Regarding the keyboard issue, the answer you seek is here:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/213164

Quoting "jun1or"

"Managed to fix the problem.

I copied the keyboard.ini and the drivers (.sys) files in plugins\keyboard folder and in plugins\WinPE

I found these files in system32 folder on my computer."

6 Replies

Jump to solution

odd indeed - what kind of keyboard is it (usb/ps2 etc) - did you try another keyboard?

Jump to solution

It's a laptop.  Dell D630, but I tried that CD with 6510, 6520, etc.  Something missing from that EETECH folder I copied over or something.  Hmmm... I'm wondering if anybody has made one with a Bart PE EETECH having this problem.  I some some older post that described this in the past, but I wouldn't think the same issue would occur in this build.

I wonder if I'm just missing something altogether.... Hmmmmm......

Jump to solution

the keyboard is handled by the OS - not EETech, so it must be something missing there. You are building BartPE on a WinXP machine yes?

Time to upgrade to WinPE3 probably ;-)

Jump to solution

No, I built it on a Windows 7 Enterprise laptop.  I didn't the machine where I built the image would come into play.  Would that make a difference?

Jump to solution

Does BartPE support Win7? I've not tried that. From the BartPE page:

Supported Windows versions are:

• Windows XP Home Edition (must be slip streamed with Service Pack 1 or higher)
  • Windows XP Professional (must be slip streamed with Service Pack 1 or higher)
  • Windows Server 2003, Web Edition
  • Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
  • Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition

Jump to solution

Mr. SafeBoot:

I believe johlee991 was saying that they built the disc using a Windows 7 laptop, but they weren't specificying the source OS for the BartPE build. 

I have built BartPE discs many times using a Windows 7 computer, but the source OS was always WinXP Pro w/SP3.

Regarding the keyboard issue, the answer you seek is here:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/213164

Quoting "jun1or"

"Managed to fix the problem.

I copied the keyboard.ini and the drivers (.sys) files in plugins\keyboard folder and in plugins\WinPE

I found these files in system32 folder on my computer."